YOUR USE OF THE LEXONLAWYERS.COM WEB SITE (THE “WEB SITE”), CONSTITUTES YOUR AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE, YOU MUST NOT USE OR MUST IMMEDIATELY TERMINATE YOUR USE OF THIS WEB SITE.
1. Purpose of Web Site. This Web Site is a service made available by Lexon Law Professional Corporation, Barristers, Solicitors & Notaries Public (“Provider”). The information in the Web Site is for educational purposes, and to give you general information and a general understanding of the law in Canada, not to provide specific legal advice unless otherwise indicated. Although care has been taken to provide accurate and current information, the general principles and information presented at this Web Site or any links hereto may differ depending on local, provincial and federal laws, regulations, and court cases. Because the law constantly changes and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, and is subject to varying interpretations, the reader is urged to consult a lawyer at Lexon Law directly regarding the applicability of any points of law discussed at this Web Site to any specific problem. If advice is sought through this website the advice provided directly by a lawyer with Lexon Law, if any, is strictly to be interpreted in the context of the information provided by the user.
2. Limited License; Permitted Uses. You are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license (1) to access and use the Web Site strictly in accordance with these Terms and Conditions of Use; (2) to use the Web Site solely for internal, personal, non-commercial purposes (save and except for the purposes of retaining the professional legal services of Lexon Law Professional Corporation); and (3) to print out discrete information from the Web Site solely for internal, personal, non-commercial purposes (save as provided herein) and provided that you maintain all copyright and other notices contained therein.
5. Policy on Unsolicited Commercial Email. Provider does not authorize the use of the Web Site for purpose of gathering information for or transmitting unsolicited bulk commercial email over the Internet to third parties. Internet email sent to or through Provider’s computer systems or to third parties containing invalid or forged headers, invalid or non-existent domain names or other deceptive addressing is deemed counterfeit; the sending or attempt to send counterfeit email to or through the Provider’s computer systems is strictly prohibited. Email that is relayed to or through the Provider’s computer systems from a third party’s mail servers without permission of such third party, or which employs a similar device to hide the real source of the email is also strictly prohibited. Provider prohibits anyone from sending email to or through its computer systems that violates these Terms and Conditions of Use. Provider prohibits the harvesting of email addresses from the Web Site for the purpose of sending unsolicited bulk commercial email.
6. No Legal Advice or Attorney-Client Relationship. Information contained on or made available through the Web Site is not intended to and does not constitute legal advice (except where said advice is specifically solicited from and provided by the Provider directly to the person requesting said advice) recommendations, mediation or counselling under any circumstance and no solicitor-client relationship is formed. Nothing submitted to this Web Site is treated as confidential except where it is addressed specifically and directly to a lawyer with Lexon Law for the purposes of retaining him/her to provide legal services or advice. Provider does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Web Site. Provider does not warrant that information sent by email will remain confidential and secure. Your use of information on the Web Site or materials linked from the Web Site is entirely at your own risk. Provider is a law firm and the Web Site is not a Lawyer Referral Service.
7. Intellectual Property Rights. Except for the limited license contained in paragraph 3 above, nothing in these Terms and Conditions of Use grants or should be construed to grant any licenses or rights, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, under copyright or other intellectual property rights. You agree that all right, title and interest (including all copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents and other intellectual property rights) in this Web Site and its content belong to Provider, its licensors, or Listees, as applicable. For further information, see Copyright.
8. Electronic Commerce. The content on this Web Site, including but not limited to articles and other resources and information, is for personal use only. Notwithstanding the foregoing, to the extent this Web Site provides any purchasing opportunities through electronic commerce, such buying opportunities may be made available for group as well as personal purchasing according to the particular terms thereof and so long as you are authorized to make purchases on behalf of such group.
9. No Solicitation. You shall not distribute on or through the Web Site or to any persons or entities identified via the Web Site any content or material containing solicitations or advertising of any kind without the express prior written permission of the Provider.
10. Postings. You agree not to post, publish, upload or distribute in the interactive areas on this Web Site any messages, data, information, text, graphics, links or other material (“Postings”) which are unlawful or abusive in any way, including but not limited to any Postings that are defamatory, pornographic, obscene, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inclusive of hate speech, or would constitute or encourage a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or give rise to liability or violate any local, provincial, federal or international law,
12. Copyright Act – Notification of Alleged Copyright Infringement. Provider reserves the right to remove any content or links that allegedly infringe another person’s copyright. Provider will terminate, in appropriate circumstances, any subscriber or user accounts that might exist with respect to Provider’s system or network who are repeat offenders of another’s copyrights. Notices to Provider regarding any alleged copyright infringement should be directed to the office of Lexon Law.
13. License of Your Content to Provider. By uploading content to or submitting any materials for use on the Web Site, you grant (or warrant that the owner of such rights has expressly granted) Provider a perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and distribute such materials or incorporate such materials into any form, medium, or technology now known or later developed throughout the universe.
15. Advertisers. This Web Site may contain advertising and sponsorship. Advertisers and sponsors are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on the Web Site is accurate and complies with applicable laws. Provider will not be responsible for the illegality of or any error or inaccuracy in any advertiser’s or sponsor’s materials.
16. Registration. Certain sections of this Web Site may require you to register. If registration is requested, you agree to provide Provider with accurate, complete registration information. Your registration must be done using your real name and accurate information, even if the feature permits you to post a question anonymously or interact using a screen name. It is your responsibility to inform Provider of any changes to that information by emailing Lexon Law. Each registration is for your personal use only, unless specifically designated otherwise on the registration page. Provider does not permit (a) any other person using the registered sections under your name; or b) access through a single name being made available to multiple users on a network. You are responsible for preventing such unauthorized use. If you believe there has been unauthorized use, you must notify Provider immediately by emailing Lexon Law.
17. Errors and Corrections. Provider does not represent or warrant that the Web Site will be error-free, free of viruses or other harmful components, or that defects will be corrected. Provider does not warrant or represent that the information available on or through the Web Site will be correct, accurate, timely, or otherwise reliable. Provider may make improvements and/or changes to its features, functionality or content of the Web Site at any time.
18. Third-Party Content. Third-party content may appear on this Web Site or may be accessible via links from this Web Site. Provider shall not be responsible for and assumes no liability for any mistakes, misstatements of law, defamation, omissions, falsehood, obscenity, pornography or profanity in the statements, opinions, representations or any other form of content contained in any third-party content appearing on the Web Site. You understand that the information and opinions in the third-party content represent solely the thoughts of the author and is neither endorsed by nor does it reflect the belief of Provider.
19. DISCLAIMER. THE WEB SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS. PROVIDER EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. PROVIDER DISCLAIMS ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM, ARISING OUT OF OR ANY WAY RELATED TO (A) ANY ERRORS IN OR OMISSIONS FROM THIS SITE AND ITS CONTENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO TECHNICAL INACCURACIES AND TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS, (B) ANY THIRD PARTY WEB SITES OR CONTENT THEREIN DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY ACCESSED THROUGH LINKS IN THIS SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY ERRORS IN OR OMISSIONS THEREFROM, (C) THE UNAVAILABILITY OF THIS SITE OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, (D) YOUR USE OF THIS SITE, OR (E) YOUR USE OF ANY EQUIPMENT OR SOFTWARE IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SITE.
20. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND DAMAGES. PROVIDER SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THE WEB SITE. PROVIDER SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS’ FEES) IN ANY WAY DUE TO, RESULTING FROM, OR ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH (A) THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEB SITE OR THE CONTENT; AND (B) YOUR PARTICIPATION IN A CHAT ROOMS, MESSAGE BOARDS OR EMAIL FORUMS. TO THE EXTENT THIS LIMITATION ON LIABILITY IS PROHIBITED, PROVIDER’S SOLE OBLIGATION TO YOU FOR DAMAGES SHALL BE LIMITED TO $100.00.
21. Unlawful Activity. Provider reserves the right to investigate complaints or reported violations of our Terms and Conditions of Use and to take any action we deem appropriate, including but not limited to, reporting any suspected unlawful activity to law enforcement officials, regulators, or other third parties and disclosing any information necessary or appropriate to such persons or entities relating to your profiles, e-mail addresses, usage history, posted materials, IP addresses and traffic information.
22. Indemnification. You are solely liable for any content, messages or other information you transmit, provide or upload to the Web Site. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Provider from any third party claim, action, demand, loss, or damages (including attorney’s fees and costs) arising out of or relating to your violation of these Terms and Conditions of Use, your use of the Web Site, or your violation of any rights of a third party.
23. Remedies for Violations. Provider reserves the right to seek all remedies available at law and in equity for violations of these Terms and Conditions of Use, including but not limited to the right to block access from a particular Internet address to any of the Provider’s Web Sites and their features.
24. Governing Law, Jurisdiction and Non-Waiver. These Terms and Conditions of Use are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and any action arising out of or relating to these terms shall be filed only in Provincial or Federal courts located in Ontario and you hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purpose of litigating any such action. The failure of either party to enforce any rights hereunder shall not constitute a waiver of any terms or conditions of these Terms and Conditions of Use.
26. Severability of Provisions. These Terms and Conditions of Use incorporate by reference all notices and disclaimers contained on the Web Site and constitute the entire agreement between you and Provider with respect to access to and use of the Web Site. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions of Use is found unlawful, void or unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from the remaining provisions and shall not affect their validity and enforceability.